The Globalization of Hospitality Industry
One of the significant outcomes of globalization is the tremendous growth in the tourism and hospitality industry. With India being one of the most popular travel destinations, the government too is encouraging and investing in the development of these industries. The hotel industry is a crucial part of the hospitality industry with a huge growth potential in the near future. The demand for hotel management professionals is already huge and is expected to grow more with the increasing number of hotels being set up in India and all over the world. Apart from its glamour, a career in hotel management has become lucrative and exciting, attracting more and more students to opt for it.
Hotel management jobs include multiple skills like food and beverage service, front office operation, sales and marketing, accounting etc. Hotel Management Institute in Delhi offers diploma and degree courses in hotel management.
CMI- Cradle Management Institute
Cradle of Management Institute is the best place where aspiring students of Hospitality/Hotel Management should take admission to flourish their dream of becoming a successful hotelier. CMI provides the best faculty members and supporting team who are working relentlessly to grow the best hoteliers of tomorrow. It has modern day labs for all the departments which are equipped with all amenities so that students get the best practical experiences every time.
CMI has students recreational facilities also, to make learning more happening. It offers educational tours for students to the best 5star hotels of the city, trade fair, food fair etc.
- ● Minimum qualification necessary for a hotel management course is 10+2. Depending on the cost and duration of the course, one can opt for a certificate, diploma or degree course.
- ● Certificate courses are one year duration, a diploma of two years and a degree course of three year duration.
- ● The selection processes for the courses are first come and first serve basis.
- Personal Attributes
There are many exciting job opportunities after a hotel management course with the increasing competition in the industry. Since a hotel has many departments such as Operations, Front Office, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Engineering/ Maintenance, Security etc. One can opt for a field of their liking and pursue a career and successfully grow in it.
Apart from jobs in Hotels and restaurants, hotel management diploma holders /graduates can find good jobs in:
- ● Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- ● Club management
- ● Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- ● Hospital administration and catering
- ● Hotel and Tourism Associations (for eg: state tourism development corporations)
- ● Hospitality services in the Indian Armed Forces
- ● Hospitality services in various MNCs
- ● Forest Lodges
- ● Guest Houses, resorts
- ● Kitchen Management (in hotels or running canteens in college, schools, in factories, company guest houses etc.)
- ● Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- ● Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- ● Self employment (as an entrepreneur)
Upon completion of a diploma or degree course from a Hotel Management Institute in Delhi, one can get into the industry absorbed into various departments as per their liking and performances. The entry level salary of a Hotel Management candidate can be around Rs.15000 to Rs.25,000 and can increase with growing experience in the field. Those who are smarter and manage to grab a position abroad in a hotel or cruise they start at least more than Rs. 50000 per month.
Thank you very much for this great post. Wholesale Flower Markets in Sri Lanka